CHAPTER 101 – Codified Ordinances
101.01 DESIGNATION; CITATION; HEADINGS.
101.02 GENERAL DEFINITIONS.
101.03 RULES OF CONSTRUCTION.
101.04 REVIVOR; EFFECT OF AMENDMENT OR REPEAL.
101.05 CONSTRUCTION OF SECTION REFERENCES.
101.06 CONFLICTING PROVISIONS.
101.07 DETERMINATION OF LEGISLATIVE INTENT.
101.99 GENERAL PENALTY.
See sectional histories for similar State law Statute of limitations on prosecutions - see Ohio R. C. 718.06; GEN. OFF. 501.06 Codification in book form - see Ohio R. C. 731.23 Imprisonment until fine and costs are paid - see Ohio R. C. 1905.30, 2947.20 Citation issuance for minor misdemeanors - see Ohio R. C. 2935.26 et seq. Ordinances and resolutions - see ADM. Ch. 123 Rules of construction for offenses and penalties - see GEN. OFF. 501.04
TAXPAYERS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
“TAXPAYERS’ RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES” means the rights provided to taxpayers in sections 718.11, 718.12 , 718.19, 718.23, 718.36, 718.37, 718.38, 5717.011 , and 5717.03 of the Ohio Revised Code and any corresponding ordinances of the Municipality, and the responsibilities of taxpayers to file, report, withhold, remit, and pay municipal income tax and otherwise comply with Chapter 718. of the Ohio Revised Code and resolutions, ordinances, and rules adopted by a municipal corporation for the imposition and administration of a municipal income tax.
These rights and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The municipal corporation shall maintain a Local Board of Tax Review to hear appeals of the taxpayer on assessments issued by the Tax Administrator. The Taxpayer or the Tax Administrator may appeal the Final Determination of the Local Board of Tax Review.
- Civil actions to recover municipal income tax, penalties and interest have time limits.
- Taxpayer has a prescribed manner in which to request a refund from the Tax Administrator.
- Taxpayer has a required responsibility to timely and accurately file annual returns, reports, documents, and to timely remit all taxes due on such annual returns, reports, documents and filings.
- At or before the commencement of an audit (where the tax administrator has ordered the appearance of the taxpayer), the Tax Administrator shall inform and provide the Taxpayer with certain information regarding the audit.
- Taxpayer has a required responsibility to allow examination of their books, papers, records, and federal and state income tax returns by the tax administrator.
- Taxpayer has certain recourse if aggrieved by an action or omission of the Tax Administrator, their employee or an employee of the municipal corporation.
For Tax Years through 2015, the Village of Garrettsville Income Tax Code is contained in Chapter 171 of the Codified Ordinances. For tax years beginning January 1, 2016 and later, Chapter 173 of the Codified Ordinances will apply.
April Village Meetings
The Village of Garrettsville’s April meeting schedule is as follows: Planning Commission: Thursday, April 6th, 7:00 pm; Safety Committee: Wednesday, April 12th, 1:00 pm, if necessary; Council: Wednesday, April 12th, 7:00 pm; Board of Public Affairs: Monday, April...
Garbage Clean-Up Day
The Village of Garrettsville will hold a Clean-up on Thursday, June 8th, 2023. Items to be disposed should be placed on your tree lawn. Two large appliances are permitted. Refrigerators and freezers must have the freon removed with the proper identification tags...