The Street Department is the backbone of Village services. These are the people we thank for our clean streets, groomed park areas, plowed sidewalks, and all the other things they do to keep the Village of Garrettsville beautiful and safe.
Curbside Branch Pick-Up & Shredding
APRIL – NOVEMBER:
- Branches must by 7:00AM on Monday of the pick-up week in order to guarantee collection in that month.
- Branches should be placed on the tree lawn (grass area within 10 feet of the pavement edge) in neatly stacked piles with cut end toward the street. Where a ditch exists along the pavement edge, branches should be placed ON THE STREET SIDE, rather than in, the ditch.
- Piles should be free of stumps, leaves, grass clippings, and other yard waste, briars, vines, and anything with thorns.
- For the safety of our Street Department, branches should not greater than 4 inches in diameter.
- The Street Department will pick up only those branches that conform to the above guidelines
OCTOBER – NOVEMBER (Weather permitting)
- Leaves must be out no later than 7:00 AM on Monday of the week of collection, in order to guarantee collection in that month.
- Leaves should be placed on the tree lawn (grass area within 5 feet of the pavement edge) in neatly stacked piles.
- Where a ditch exists along the pavement edge, leaves should be placed ON THE STREET SIDE, rather than in, the ditch.
- Piles should be free of stumps, branches, grass clippings and other yard waste, briars, vines, and anything with thorns
The Street Department provides curbside pick-up of trash twice a year; once in the Spring and again in the Fall.
Fall Tree Removal Program
The Tree Removal Program is for trees that are in the public right of way or present a risk to public safety. The Village of Garrettsville subsidizes costs of removal so that the property owner pays only $200 per tree.
- Snow Plowing
- Baptist and Park Cemetery Maintenance
- Village Parks Maintenance
- Sidewalk Maintenance
- Village Parking Lot Maintenance
- Boardwalk Maintenance
- Cross Walk Maintenance
- Storm Sewer Repair and Maintenance
- Pothole Repair
- Roadside Mowing
- tree must be located in the right-of-way - homeowner must pay the first $200 of total cost Please submit a letter to Village Hall no later than 10/08/21 to be included in this year's tree removal program: - 8213 High Street or firstname.lastname@example.org
8314 Water Street
Garrettsville, OH 44231