The Part-time Water/Sewer Clerical Assistant is responsible for clerical and accounting work performed in the Village Hall. The qualified member occupying this position is responsible for assisting with maintenance of the Village’s utility billing record and accounts, cash receipting, maintenance of the cemetery database, scheduling of park pavilions and customer service. There may be work projects that need to be produced in a timely manner and other office tasks as deemed necessary.
$10.00 to $25.00 per hour
- Assists with maintenance of utility records for the Village’s water and sewer utilities; processes billings.
- Receives utility payments.
- Performs utility account collection activities.
- Provides reception services at Village Hall by answering telephone, faxing and personal inquiries.
- Produces letters, reports, tabulations and other materials as requested.
- Work with various software packages within the Village Hall.
- Assist Fiscal Officer
- Other duties as required
- Typical administrative practices and processes.
- General computer operations, specifically familiarity of Microsoft Office software.
- Office machines, such as a scanner, computer and copiers.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone and by e-mail.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and carry out office work with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain a pleasant and courteous demeanor working in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Two (2) years of experience in administrative work preferably in a utilities department or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Proof of citizenship and/or eligibility to legally work in the United States.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: 8213 High Street Garrettsville, OH. 44231